When you write your resume, you should keep in mind that the recruiter gives it just 10 seconds to review a resume and decides whether to call you in for an interview or not.
Thus your resume should be concise, structured and specific. Yes, that’s it and your resume will create instant attention, portray you as a worthy candidate and help you receive the call from the recruiter.
Given below are the simple Resume Rules that you should keep in mind:
- Be 100% relevant
- Highlight your accomplishments
- Lead with action verbs
- Avoid vague and general statements
- Don’t focus on your wants and needs
- Avoid common grammar mistakes
- Proof read and proof read again
- Use up-to-date resume formats
- Don’t use templates found on word or online
- Be consistent
Follow the above tips and make a good first impression, sell yourself, get an interview and hopefully finally a job offer.
All the best!